Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Palau Sensorium: Jose Gonzalez concert of April 3rd


Due to technical difficulties and my characteristic carelessness, the former part of this post has been deleted.  Fortunately, thanks to the resourcefulness of my most dedicated reader (Mommy), I was able to salvage the most important part.  Here it is, and with pictures, too! :















The concert was a constant influx of sensation- with the mesmerizing music, the magical room and the many people. There was so much life and energy for a single space. It was fantastic, the energy, and like nothing I've ever experienced really, at a concert or ever. There was this beautiful, palpable tempo of a synchronized human spirit. It was coursing throughout the room. When I looked around I could see a wave pulsing through the crowd. We were all moving and feeling and living at the same pace. Even if it was only for a few moments until the song ended, it was really one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. And this all perfectly culminated into his performance of 'Teardrops.' That's when I truly felt it and I started to cry. I don't know exactly what it was. First, it was the excitement of that song coming on. Then, naturally came bittersweet memories of Little Prince. And thoughts of my uncle after the show. And then my aunt. I started thinking about her. And then I remembered that it was her birthday. And when that clicked, tears just started rolling down my face. The thoughts evolved so seamlessly that it sort of caught me by surprise. I could feel that she was there. I felt this connection to her and my family celebrating her back home. I understood. I accepted. Because I could see the beauty of the cohesive synchronized human spirit. This is what life is about. This is what I believe in.

Happy Birthday, Aunt Carol! I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment